Re: erroneous restore into pg_catalog schema

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: erroneous restore into pg_catalog schema
Дата
Re: erroneous restore into pg_catalog schema  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> What happens with the default settings when you try to install two
> extensions that have overlapping function signatures..?  I can't imagine
> it 'just works'..  And then what?  Is there a way that an admin can set
> up search paths for individual users which provide the 'right' function
> and work even when the user decides to change their search_path?

That entirely depends on how the extension script is written. Making it
possible to have two versions concurrently installed require a non
trivial amount of efforts, but I don't think the extension facility gets
in the way at all, currently.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine