Re: erroneous restore into pg_catalog schema

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: erroneous restore into pg_catalog schema
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Dimitri Fontaine (dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr) wrote:
> > While having one place to put everything sounds great, it doesn't do a
> > whole lot of good if you consider conflicts- either because you want
> > multiple versions available or because there just happens to be some
> > overlap in function names (or similar).  There are also extensions which
> > have more than just functions in them but also tables, which increases
> > the chances of a conflict happening.  Having the extension authors end
> > up having to prefix everything with the name of the extension to avoid
> > conflicts would certainly be worse than actually using schemas.
>
> Now you're not talking about *default* settings anymore, or are you?

What happens with the default settings when you try to install two
extensions that have overlapping function signatures..?  I can't imagine
it 'just works'..  And then what?  Is there a way that an admin can set
up search paths for individual users which provide the 'right' function
and work even when the user decides to change their search_path?
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: gitmaster.postgresql.org down?
Сообщение: Re: gitmaster.postgresql.org down?