Re: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98

От Jamie Walker
Тема Re: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
In article <20010203185926.R1800@dothill.com>, Jason Tishler
<Jason.Tishler@dothill.com> writes
>On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 06:51:32PM +0000, Jamie Walker wrote:
>> I'm frantically trying to get PostgreSQL 7.0.3 installed on my laptop so
>> I can work on my database while on holiday next week. I've got it to
>> compile fine with the latest version of Cygwin, with cygipc-1.08,
>> however, when I start postmaster, it fails:
<SNIP>

>You can "fix" the problem by temporarily downgrading to Cygwin 1.1.7.
Many thanks! It's working like a charm now. :)

Is there any reason why the FAQ suggests that it will only work on NT
and not on Win98?
--
Jamie Walker              "My dear boy, forget about the motivation.
jamie@sagaxis.co.uk        Just say the lines and don't trip over the

От: Jason Tishler
Сообщение: Re: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98