Re: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> In article <20010203185926.R1800@dothill.com>, Jason Tishler
> <Jason.Tishler@dothill.com> writes
> >On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 06:51:32PM +0000, Jamie Walker wrote:
> >> I'm frantically trying to get PostgreSQL 7.0.3 installed on my laptop so
> >> I can work on my database while on holiday next week. I've got it to
> >> compile fine with the latest version of Cygwin, with cygipc-1.08,
> >> however, when I start postmaster, it fails:
> <SNIP>
>
> >You can "fix" the problem by temporarily downgrading to Cygwin 1.1.7.
> Many thanks! It's working like a charm now. :)
>
> Is there any reason why the FAQ suggests that it will only work on NT
> and not on Win98?

Did you read all of the FAQ?

    The database server does not run on MS Windows
    9X because Cygwin does not support the required features on those
    platforms. We have no plan to do a native port to any Microsoft
    platform.

Сообщение: Re: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98
Сообщение: Re: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98