Re: 7.2.2 RPM build failure

От Roland Roberts
Тема Re: 7.2.2 RPM build failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

    Lamar> On Wednesday 11 September 2002 06:02 pm, Roland Roberts wrote:
    >> I'm trying to build from the source RPMs for a (mostly) up-to-date
    >> RedHat 7.2 system.  The build fails with this message:

    Lamar> I'm looking at this.  Just popping this message in there to
    Lamar> let you know that much, at least.

Thanks!

    Lamar> In order to troubleshoot it, I will have to build up a 7.2
    Lamar> box, I guess.  The source RPM's build fine on 7.3, which is
    Lamar> what I built on.

I'll see what I can find in the meantime.  I may be upgrading to 7.3
soon anyway, but didn't want to have to do so quite yet.

    Lamar> But, see where pg_config.h is supposed to be versus where
    Lamar> it actually is.  Is kerberos actually installed, for
    Lamar> instance?  Kerberos-devel?

It seems to be in the right place (./src/include/pg_config.h); that's
what's confusing me.  It fails from the RPM build, but when I switch
to the top-level source directory (*not* ./src, just above it in
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/posgresql-7.2.2)), and just typing "make" using
the configuration the RPM set up, it builds.

krb5-devel and krb5-libs are installed, not -workstation or -server.

    Lamar> The Perl error is a little more tricky.  That code hasn't
    Lamar> changed in a while; not sure what's going on.

Although this is a 7.2 machine, it is mostly up-to-date (not quite
willing to say it is fully up-to-date, but I think it is), so Perl os
5.6.1, in case that matters.

    Lamar> But I will look into it; but it may be a day or so before I
    Lamar> can get an answer back.

Thanks!

roland
--