Re: vacuum analyze corrupts database

От Manfred Koizar
Тема Re: vacuum analyze corrupts database
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:33:17 -0400, Michael Brusser
<michael@synchronicity.com> wrote:
>syncdb=# vacuum analyze nla;
>VACUUM
>
>-- --- now repeat the same query ---
>syncdb=# select count (*) from nla where note_url LIKE 'sync:///FUNCTREE%' ;
>server closed the connection unexpectedly
>        This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>        before or while processing the request.

Works for me:

regression=# VACUUM VERBOSE ANALYSE nla;
INFO:  --Relation public.nla--
INFO:  Pages 3: Changed 0, Empty 0; Tup 323: Vac 0, Keep 0, UnUsed 0.       Total CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00
sec.
INFO:  Analyzing public.nla
VACUUM
regression=# select count (*) from nla where note_url LIKE
'sync:///FUNCTREE%' ;count
-------  121
(1 row)

regression=# SELECT version();                           version
----------------------------------------------------------------PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
2.7.2.1
(1 row)

I did the VACUUM - SELECT cycle almost 20 times on my develpment
system and then several times on a second machine, all without any
problem:                          version
-------------------------------------------------------------PostgreSQL 7.3 on i586-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
2.95.2

Are you able to reproduce the problem on any other computer?

ServusManfred