T-O-A-S-T meaning

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема T-O-A-S-T meaning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sorry, can't resist :-)

    Any  time  I  see  such  a  name for a piece of software, I'm
    trying to figure out what the single characters  could  stand
    for.  Thus I'm looking for a good interpretation of TOAST. So
    far I have

        Tuple
        Outgrown
        Attribute
        Storage
        Technique

    It somehow reflects what the toaster should do for us.

    Well, outgrown could be replaced by obscure,  off-beat,  off-
    side,  omnipotent,  outcast  and  many more. Omnipotent is my
    second choice.

    Some other ideas?

Jan