LONG vs. Toaster

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема LONG vs. Toaster
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Well,

    AFAIK   we  had  a  consensus  on  making  "try  to  compress
    attributes  before  moving  off"  a   runtime,   per   column
    configuration option. And that's what I'm after.

    This  might  interfere with the LZTEXT data type as is. Since
    this new data type isn't released yet, I'll have to remove it
    again before freeze.  The compressor/decompressor will become
    part of the toaster.

    Needs to revert the changes to pg_rewrite too,  so  the  next
    release will NOT gain any bigger rules. But to release it and
    later fight problems that  I  already  see,  only  to  enable
    bigger rules right now, is IMHO the wrong decision.

    Any complaints?

Jan