Обсуждение: T-O-A-S-T meaning

T-O-A-S-T meaning

От
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
Sorry, can't resist :-)

    Any  time  I  see  such  a  name for a piece of software, I'm
    trying to figure out what the single characters  could  stand
    for.  Thus I'm looking for a good interpretation of TOAST. So
    far I have

        Tuple
        Outgrown
        Attribute
        Storage
        Technique

    It somehow reflects what the toaster should do for us.

    Well, outgrown could be replaced by obscure,  off-beat,  off-
    side,  omnipotent,  outcast  and  many more. Omnipotent is my
    second choice.

    Some other ideas?

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] T-O-A-S-T meaning

Дата:
> Sorry, can't resist :-)
>
>     Any  time  I  see  such  a  name for a piece of software, I'm
>     trying to figure out what the single characters  could  stand
>     for.  Thus I'm looking for a good interpretation of TOAST. So
>     far I have
>
>         Tuple
>         Outgrown
>         Attribute
>         Storage
>         Technique
   Tuple Overflow Attribute Storage Technique

I thought "slicer" would be more natural.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] T-O-A-S-T meaning

Дата:
>> Thus I'm looking for a good interpretation of TOAST. So
>> far I have
>>
>> Tuple
>> Outgrown
>> Attribute
>> Storage
>> Technique

>     Tuple Overflow Attribute Storage Technique

The Outsized-Attribute Storage Technique ?

> I thought "slicer" would be more natural.

Only if you can provide an acronym...

I have a project slogan, if Jan wants one:

"TOAST --- the best thing since sliced bread!"
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] T-O-A-S-T meaning

Дата:
> The Outsized-Attribute Storage Technique ?
>
> > I thought "slicer" would be more natural.
>
> Only if you can provide an acronym...
>
> I have a project slogan, if Jan wants one:
>
> "TOAST --- the best thing since sliced bread!"

Nice.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] T-O-A-S-T meaning

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > The Outsized-Attribute Storage Technique ?
> >
> > > I thought "slicer" would be more natural.
> >
> > Only if you can provide an acronym...
> >
> > I have a project slogan, if Jan wants one:
> >
> > "TOAST --- the best thing since sliced bread!"
>
> Nice.

And don't forget the theme song by Haywood Banks.

Vince.
128K ISDN - $24.95/mo or less; 56K Dialup - $17.95/mo or less www.pop4.net       Online Campground Directory
http://www.camping-usa.com     Online Giftshop Superstore    http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: [HACKERS] T-O-A-S-T meaning

От
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
> > The Outsized-Attribute Storage Technique ?
> >
> > "TOAST --- the best thing since sliced bread!"
>
> Nice.

    What can I say - LOL!

    And  I  don't  think that "slicer" fit's like that. It'll not
    only slice 'em, it can squeeze them  into  the  master  tuple
    too.

    High  cross-bar  (is  that  the right wording?) though, but I
    like it.

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] T-O-A-S-T meaning

Дата:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > > The Outsized-Attribute Storage Technique ?

> > > Only if you can provide an acronym...
> > >
> > > I have a project slogan, if Jan wants one:
> > >
> > > "TOAST --- the best thing since sliced bread!"
> >
> > Nice.
>
> And don't forget the theme song by Haywood Banks.

Can I have a title?  Maybe I can find an MP3 of it.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] T-O-A-S-T meaning

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:

Yep.  Toast.  He's got a website: www.haywoodbanks.com

Vince.
128K ISDN - $24.95/mo or less; 56K Dialup - $17.95/mo or less www.pop4.net       Online Campground Directory
http://www.camping-usa.com     Online Giftshop Superstore    http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: [HACKERS] T-O-A-S-T meaning

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> The Outsized-Attribute Storage Technique ?

The Oversized-Attribute Storage Technique??

South Pasadena, California