Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE problem on linux

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE problem on linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Oleg Broytmann <phd@sun.med.ru> writes:
> > Hello!
> >    A week ago I reported a problem with VACUUM ANALYZE on linux and memory
> > error. Three good guys saw my database and two of them for VACUUM problem,
> > I hope (Tom Lane and Thomas Lockhart).
> >    Have you reproduced the case?
>
> Oh!  I'm sorry, I thought I saw a report that someone had already fixed
> the problem, so I didn't look at it.

    Maybe  a  little  misunderstanding.  Oleg  reported  a memory
    exhaustion problem on COPY FROM in the  same  context  (which
    also  happened  on  large updates). I've tracked that down in
    the executor. It was because his table had a CHECK clause and
    that got stringToNode()'ed for each single tuple.

    This  problem  is  fixed  in  CURRENT along with a speedup of
    factor 2++ for the case of CHECK on large ranges. The check's
    are  only  once  stringToNode()'ed  now  and  live  until the
    executor's memory context get's destroyed (the  portal  level
    the plan is executed in).

    I  don't  know  if  the same caused the VACUUM problem. Oleg,
    could you please check against the CURRENT source tree if the
    problem still exists?

Jan