Re: Firebird To postgresql migration help needed

От Lew
Тема Re: Firebird To postgresql migration help needed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Scott Marlowe wrote:
> Got me.  Maybe eclipse has a nice plugin?

I find both Eclipse and NetBeans to be quite sufficient as SQL editors and
admin/edit/query front ends for any database system that has a JDBC driver.
They probably aren't quite as useful if you aren't using Java, although both
have C/C++ capability.  I'm not familiar with other IDEs.

No extra plugins were required with the current versions that I downloaded,
namely NetBeans 6.8 or 6.9beta or Eclipse Galileo SR2.

The IDEs have additional advantages besides managing databases and editing SQL
and program source code, such as providing quite convenient management
consoles for popular Java application servers such as Tomcat or various Java
EE products, and handling applications' build and deployment phases.

YMMV.  They might represent overkill for some folks.  I enjoy the convenience
of having everything under one roof.

--
Lew