Re: Windows postgresql back using linux

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Windows postgresql back using linux
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
ABBAS SHAKEEL wrote on 06.11.2009 18:51:
> Hello all
>
> Today due to some problems my windows crashed. I have unbuntu also
> installed on my system. I can access the C drive by mounting it in linux.
> I have tried to run windows in save mode and also many other options
> like replacing some dll files but none worked.
>
> Now some very important Databases was residing on my windows postgresql
> server. I dont want to loose them :(
>
> Can I take backup of those DB from Linux. As i can access the Postgresql
> folder from linux. Please suggest

No, you cannot just "copy" the data folder from Windows to Linux.

But if you can access the PG data directory, make a backup copy of it, re-install Windows and Postgres.

Then copy the backup of the data directory back to the Windows installation.

Thomas

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: REINDEX disk space requirements
От: raf
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_activity howto