Обсуждение: Windows postgresql back using linux

Windows postgresql back using linux

От
ABBAS SHAKEEL
Дата:
Hello all

Today due to some problems my windows crashed. I have unbuntu also installed on my system. I can access the C drive by mounting it in linux.
I have tried to run windows in save mode and also many other options like replacing some dll files but none worked.

Now some very important Databases was residing on my windows postgresql server. I dont want to loose them :(

Can I take backup of those DB from Linux. As i can access the Postgresql folder from linux. Please suggest

--
Best Regards
Shakeel Abbas

Re: Windows postgresql back using linux

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
ABBAS SHAKEEL wrote on 06.11.2009 18:51:
> Hello all
>
> Today due to some problems my windows crashed. I have unbuntu also
> installed on my system. I can access the C drive by mounting it in linux.
> I have tried to run windows in save mode and also many other options
> like replacing some dll files but none worked.
>
> Now some very important Databases was residing on my windows postgresql
> server. I dont want to loose them :(
>
> Can I take backup of those DB from Linux. As i can access the Postgresql
> folder from linux. Please suggest

No, you cannot just "copy" the data folder from Windows to Linux.

But if you can access the PG data directory, make a backup copy of it, re-install Windows and Postgres.

Then copy the backup of the data directory back to the Windows installation.

Thomas