Re: PosgreSQL Service does not Start In Vista

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: PosgreSQL Service does not Start In Vista
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Inigo Barandiaran, 02.09.2009 12:39:
> We have included PostgreSQL 8.3(exe) installation in the installation
> process of our software, and we are experimenting some errors, mainly
> related with Windows Vista. The problem is that the installation of
> PosgreSQL seems to be correct, but the service is not started afterwards. I
> tried to start it manually but takes a lot of time and finally a windows
> error appears telling that "the PostgreSQL Database server 8.3 service on
> Local Computer Started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if
> they have no work to do"

Most probably it is a problem with the access privileges for the data directory. Make sure the postgres service account
hasfull write privileges on the data directory.

If your data directory is located in "Program Files" this is not a surprise because that directory is write protected
forregular users (for a good reason)

Thomas