PosgreSQL Service does not Start In Vista

От Inigo Barandiaran
Тема PosgreSQL Service does not Start In Vista
Дата
Re: PosgreSQL Service does not Start In Vista  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all.

We have included PostgreSQL 8.3(exe) installation in the installation
process of our software, and we are experimenting some errors, mainly
related with Windows Vista. The problem is that the installation of
PosgreSQL seems to be correct, but the service is not started afterwards. I
tried to start it manually but takes a lot of time and finally a windows
error appears telling that "the PostgreSQL Database server 8.3 service on
Local Computer Started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if
they have no work to do"

I've read something in the forum related with the pg_hba.conf configuration
file. We distribute this file in the client machines with the follOwing
lines:

# IPv4 local connections:
host    all                             all         127.0.0.1/32
md5
host    DATABASE_NAME         all         0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0      md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host    all         all         ::1/128               md5

Do you know where could be the problem?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
Best,