Re: [ADMIN] repmgr error with automated failover

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: [ADMIN] repmgr error with automated failover
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

On 02/13/2017 11:32 PM, Lazaro Garcia wrote:
> Hello every one in the list. First thanks to repmgr.
>

> I took several days testing repmgr but I can't execute an automated failover
> properly.
>

> I have 2 nodes, a master(node1) and a slave(nodo2). The repmgrd service is
> running on both servers. When node1 goes down an automated failover take
> place and node2 is promounted as master, at this point all is ok, the
> problems comes when node2 is attached again to the cluster, for
> incorporating this node to the cluster I run this commands:
>
> 1. executes a clone command on node1
>
> su -c 'repmgr -h node2 -U repmgr -d repmgr -D /var/lib/postgresql/9.6/main/
> -f /etc/postgresql/9.6/main/repmgr.conf --rsync-only --force standby clone'
> postgres
>

> 2. start up the postgres service on node1
>

> 3. Register this node
>
> su -c 'repmgr -f /etc/postgresql/9.6/main/repmgr.conf --force standby
> register' postgres
>

> Then stops node2 but node1 is never promoted as master.
>
> Why node1 is not promoted? Is there something wrong?

Is repmgrd running on node1? Is its repmgr.conf file configured
correctly, e.g. "failover=automatic"

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
  Ian Barwick                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Cannot drop role
Сообщение: [ADMIN] (auto) vacuum mysterious