Re: Required distinct record with all fields

От Paul Smith*
Тема Re: Required distinct record with all fields
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 25/04/2024 15:58, Sunil Jadhav wrote:
> Hello team,
>
> we have table & its having 10 diff columns.
>
> 1) we need to fetch distinct records from 1 column
>
> suppose earlier we have 500 records after
> distinct we have 150 records only -->> we can used simply distinct
> function with column name
>
> will get the 150 unique data/records BUT.... based on output means 150
> records
>
> 2) how we can retrieve all other filed information like how we can
> achieve through SQL.

If I understand you correctly, you want to get distinct values of one
column with the LATEST data for the other columns from those records

So, if you have a table like

CREATE TABLE mytable (id BIGSERIAL PRIMARY KEY, val VARCHAR, datetime
TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE);

and you want to get all the data for each distinct value of 'val', you
could do

SELECT * FROM mytable INNER JOIN (SELECT MAX(id) AS id FROM mytable
GROUP BY val) USING (id);

The 'GROUP BY' gives you the distinct values; the MAX(id) gives you the
IDs of the latest records containing those distinct values, so the JOIN
just gives you those latest records

Paul

От: Sunil Jadhav
Сообщение: Required distinct record with all fields
От: Carlos Alves
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup Failed