Re: Does postgres user on linux need login permission?

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Re: Does postgres user on linux need login permission?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
 On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 13:28:47 +0530, prakhar jauhari <prak840@gmail.com>
 wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am using postgres9.2, on a linux 6.3 box.
> For start i created a user postgres on linux with login permission
> and no password.

 I usually advice to set it up as a system user (see the -r option for
 useradd) and access to it through the "root" user using sudo/su or
 public SSH key authentication. Just leave it as is, with no password.

 Cheers,
 Gabriele
--
  Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia