Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf

От Michał Lis
Тема Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf
Дата
Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello,

No, the file is only on the server side.

I expected the client will ask the server using the service name.
If the service will be found on the server, the server should accept the connection from the client.

In pg_service.conf file can be stored user name and password.

I want to use login of service type, because I won't to store any login information (ie password) on the client side.

Copping the pg_service.conf to the client and setting the system variable to this file, rather has no sense.

Regards
Michal