Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 1:02 PM Michał Lis <fcs1@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
Hello,

No, the file is only on the server side.

I expected the client will ask the server using the service name.

How would it know what server to ask?  The hostname and port of the server are contained in the file, which it doesn't have.

If the service will be found on the server, the server should accept the connection from the client.

In pg_service.conf file can be stored user name and password.

I want to use login of service type, because I won't to store any login information (ie password) on the client side.

There isn't much point in using a password, if the server doesn't require the client to prove knowledge of it.  You might as well just use 'ident'.

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16476: pgp_sym_encrypt_bytea with compress-level=6 : Wrong key or corrupt data
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16476: pgp_sym_encrypt_bytea with compress-level=6 : Wrong key or corrupt data