Re: Estimating a table size

От Talha Khan
Тема Re: Estimating a table size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
when you have dbsize installed you need to do

select relation_size('TableName');

to get the size of the table.

On 9/21/06, Rodrigo Sakai <rodrigo.sakai@zanthus.com.br> wrote:

  Hello all,

  I need a tool or something like it, which can give me the estimated size of a table considering all fields, constraints, indexes, etc...

  For example:

  CREATE TABLE products (

     product_id INT8,

     product_name VARCHAR(50),

     product_vendor VARCHAR(50),

     price NUMERIC(10,2),

     CONSTRAINT pk_products PRIMARY KEY (product_id),

     CONSTRAINT ck_price CHECK (price >= 0)

);

CREATE INDEX ix_products ON products (product_name);

  See that in the example above I have, some fields, some constraints and one index. I want to know (estimate) how much fisical space (KB, MB) it will consume!

  Thanks in advance!