Обсуждение: Estimating a table size

Estimating a table size

От
"Rodrigo Sakai"

  Hello all,

  I need a tool or something like it, which can give me the estimated size of a table considering all fields, constraints, indexes, etc...

  For example:

  CREATE TABLE products (

     product_id INT8,

     product_name VARCHAR(50),

     product_vendor VARCHAR(50),

     price NUMERIC(10,2),

     CONSTRAINT pk_products PRIMARY KEY (product_id),

     CONSTRAINT ck_price CHECK (price >= 0)

);

CREATE INDEX ix_products ON products (product_name);

  See that in the example above I have, some fields, some constraints and one index. I want to know (estimate) how much fisical space (KB, MB) it will consume!

  Thanks in advance!

Re: Estimating a table size

От
"Guido Barosio"
Дата:
there used to be a dbsize project, search for it.

g.-

--
Guido Barosio
-----------------------

Re: Estimating a table size

От
"Talha Khan"
Дата:
when you have dbsize installed you need to do

select relation_size('TableName');

to get the size of the table.

  I need a tool or something like it, which can give me the estimated size of a table considering all fields, constraints, indexes, etc...

  For example:

  CREATE TABLE products (

     product_id INT8,

     product_name VARCHAR(50),

     product_vendor VARCHAR(50),

     price NUMERIC(10,2),

     CONSTRAINT pk_products PRIMARY KEY (product_id),

     CONSTRAINT ck_price CHECK (price >= 0)

);

CREATE INDEX ix_products ON products (product_name);

  See that in the example above I have, some fields, some constraints and one index. I want to know (estimate) how much fisical space (KB, MB) it will consume!

  Thanks in advance!

Re: Estimating a table size

От
"Shoaib Mir"