Re: Heavy postgres process

От Guido Barosio
Тема Re: Heavy postgres process
Дата
Re: Heavy postgres process  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Getting to the latest 7.4 server involves the same as going to the
latest 8.x server, AFAIK, if we take in consideration that 7.4.8
requires a dump & restore (meaning downtime).

I would rather go after the latest 8.x server

2 cents.

(It seems that Vivek works for Infosys, and that may explain the
reason for an Oracle migration in the future. They are prolly plenty
of Oracle DBA's working there, cheaper and reusable for sure if you
think that often the kind of clients they handle are already
oracle'ized )

gb.-

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gbarosio