Re: Heavy postgres process

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Heavy postgres process
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Guido Barosio" <gbarosio@gmail.com> writes:
> Getting to the latest 7.4 server involves the same as going to the
> latest 8.x server, AFAIK, if we take in consideration that 7.4.8
> requires a dump & restore (meaning downtime).

(a) it does *not* require a dump and restore

(b) if you ignore the recommendations in the 7.4.8 notes and just
upgrade without doing anything else, then what you will have is a
7.4 system that still contains two security vulnerabilities.
Vulnerabilities that are in your 7.4.5 system today.  How are you
worse off?

This is about the lamest excuse for not updating I've ever heard.

Сообщение: Re: unable to backup database -- psql not up to date
Сообщение: Re: unable to backup database -- psql not up to date