Re: Blocking connection and timeout problem

От Guido Barosio
Тема Re: Blocking connection and timeout problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Used to have this problem also with pgadmin connections, that didn't close
some sessions remain there, for a period, and you must kill them to continue
without a restart of the service.

scenery:
pgsql >= 7.4.3 , not tested on >=8
pgadmin  <= 1.0.2

On other layer of this issue, this should be also related with some in deep tcp/ip settings.
ie, I know that in order to keep an <idle> ssh session open for a longer time, you shall touch some values somewhere *not* in the main ssh_config file. (a global parameter for the OS) And this will keep your session open for a longer time.

If this is particular for every OS, that could explain a longer time on your case, and 1 or 2 hours in Tom's case.

Anyway, I would like to hear a little bit about this, cause it's a little bit difficult to find such cases,
we always end on the problem lacking, without a previous warn. (and that is bad, for a DBA at least).

Regards,
Guido