Re: refactoring basebackup.c

От tushar
Тема Re: refactoring basebackup.c
Дата
Re: refactoring basebackup.c  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/22/22 12:03 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> I committed the base backup target patch yesterday, and today I
> updated the remaining code in light of Michael Paquier's commit
> 5c649fe153367cdab278738ee4aebbfd158e0546. Here is the resulting patch.
Thanks Robert,  I tested against the latest PG Head and found a few issues -

A)Getting syntax error if -z is used along with -t

[edb@centos7tushar bin]$ ./pg_basebackup -t server:/tmp/data902 -z -Xfetch
pg_basebackup: error: could not initiate base backup: ERROR:  syntax error

OR

[edb@centos7tushar bin]$ ./pg_basebackup -t server:/tmp/t2
--compress=server-gzip:9 -Xfetch -v -z
pg_basebackup: initiating base backup, waiting for checkpoint to complete
pg_basebackup: error: could not initiate base backup: ERROR:  syntax error

B)No information of "client-gzip" or "server-gzip" added under
"--compress" option/method of ./pg_basebackup --help.

C) -R option is silently ignoring

[edb@centos7tushar bin]$  ./pg_basebackup  -Z 4  -v  -t server:/tmp/pp
-Xfetch -R
pg_basebackup: initiating base backup, waiting for checkpoint to complete
pg_basebackup: checkpoint completed
pg_basebackup: write-ahead log start point: 0/30000028 on timeline 1
pg_basebackup: write-ahead log end point: 0/30000100
pg_basebackup: base backup completed
[edb@centos7tushar bin]$

go to /tmp/pp folder and extract it - there is no "standby.signal" file
and if we start cluster against this data directory,it will not be in
slave mode.

if this is not supported then I think we should throw some errors.

--
regards,tushar
EnterpriseDB  https://www.enterprisedb.com/

От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: CREATEROLE and role ownership hierarchies
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Fix BUG #17335: Duplicate result rows in Gather node