Re: refactoring basebackup.c

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: refactoring basebackup.c
Дата
Re: refactoring basebackup.c  (tushar <tushar.ahuja@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 4:26 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I spent some time thinking about test coverage for the server-side
> backup code today and came up with the attached (v12-0003).

I committed the base backup target patch yesterday, and today I
updated the remaining code in light of Michael Paquier's commit
5c649fe153367cdab278738ee4aebbfd158e0546. Here is the resulting patch.

Michael, I am proposing to that we remove this message as part of this commit:

-                pg_log_info("no value specified for compression
level, switching to default");

I think most people won't want to specify a compression level, so
emitting a message when they don't seems too verbose.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения