Re: refactoring basebackup.c

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: refactoring basebackup.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 09:52:12PM +0530, tushar wrote:
> C) -R option is silently ignoring
>
> go to /tmp/pp folder and extract it - there is no "standby.signal" file and
> if we start cluster against this data directory,it will not be in slave
> mode.

Yeah, I don't think it's good to silently ignore the option, and we
should not generate the file on the server-side.  Rather than erroring
in this case, you'd better add the file to the existing compressed
file of the base data folder on the client-side.

This makes me wonder whether we should begin tracking any open items
for v15..  We don't want to lose track of any issue with features
committed already in the tree.
--
Michael

Вложения