Re: File system level backup with more than one cluster folders

От Vladimir Rusinov
Тема Re: File system level backup with more than one cluster folders
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Tino Schwarze <postgresql@tisc.de> wrote:
Hi Mike,

> I am newbie with PostgreSQL. I have separate table space for my
> databases, which is located in separate folder, which is different to
> default. I would like to carry out file system level backup.  Do I need
> to backup only folder with my table space or all pg folders.

Do you know that a file system level backup is only useful if

a) the postgres instance is stopped
or
b) your are using WAL archiving and have an appropiate setup to tell PG
  about backup starts and ends

c) your are using lvm (or zfs) snapshots and know that postgres would run recovery after backup restore.

--
Vladimir Rusinov
http://greenmice.info/