Re: Trouble with postgres user's password on Windows

От Oliveiros
Тема Re: Trouble with postgres user's password on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for the tips, Jan-Peter.

I backed up the db, but fortunately, there was n't any problem.

I 've once edited the hba file, but it was to allow remote connections, I
didn't know it could be used to allow "trust" connections. Learned
many things from the links you sent me.

Everything is working smoothly now.

Again, Thank you a million,

Best,
Oliveiros

2009/8/21 Jan-Peter Seifert <Jan-Peter.Seifert@gmx.de>
Oliveiros wrote:

> To start it, I have to login as postgres and manually start it with
> postgres -D etc.

You should make a backup first (users and databases ...) .
Try unregistering/registering the service with pg_ctl.
First copy the pg_ctl command used during installation from the
service's properties. You get the service overview with executing the
command "services.msc".

> Also, on PGAdmin ||| I cannot log in as administrator user , no longer.
> Even the new password doesn't seem to work...

Did you save the password in the past? Check the pgpass file which is
usually located within the current windows user's Home directory:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/libpq-pgpass.html

Or change the auth-method in pg_hba.conf to trust and reset the password(s):
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

Don't forget to change the auth-option back.

Good luck,

Peter

Сообщение: Re: Avoid duplicated rows when restoring data from pg_dumpall ??
Сообщение: Re: Avoid duplicated rows when restoring data from pg_dumpall ??