Re: [GENERAL] Looking for an online mentor

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Looking for an online mentor
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/08/2016 03:46 PM, Metare Solve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for an online mentor, someone I can chat/email and ask
> questions of. Maybe "meet up" and have a direct chat. I've been trying
> to get into SQL for years and I just... have... problems. It's very
> frustrating and at this point in my career is going to keep me from
> getting a new job. (I was just laid off on 11/30.)
>
> I have a project in mind: I want to build an SQL db to house some
> datasets and sit a tableau dashboard/storyboard on top. A data engineer
> at my old job said that would be his preferred method, and I think it
> would be a useful project to learn SQL.
>
> I know this is the pgadmin support and not a postgres, but I'm
> technically going to be using pgadmin so it's tangentially related ;)

Actually this is the Postgres mailing list.

FYI, the pgAdmin list is here:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgadmin-support/

Though pgAdmin is often discussed on this list(pgsql-general).

> Any input, even on the project?

What language(s) do you plan to program in?

What studying on SQL have you done?

What will the purpose of the project?

--
Adrian Klaver