Re: BUG #4763: postgres service unstable, even during install

От Kevin Field
Тема Re: BUG #4763: postgres service unstable, even during install
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On May 2, 12:11 pm, Kevin Field <kevinjamesfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 2, 12:09 pm, Kevin Field <kevinjamesfi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > :(  Well on my end, I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to
> > > see the right version.  Do you know when the next beta or win32
> > > installer build might be out so I can try again?
>
> > Through some testing today I determined:
>
> > 1) the installer decides on whether you have Perl / where it is before
> > the first opportunity to click 'back', so, right at the beginning.
> > 2) if I rename my Perl 5.8 directory--whether or not I rename my Perl
> > 5.10 directory--the installer cannot find it and does not present pl/
> > perl[u] as an option a few Next-clicks later.
> > 3) if I rename my Perl 5.10 directory to where I had had my Perl 5.8
> > directory, it's still not presented as an option
>
> > So...what, is it insisting on perl58.dll at the beginning of the
> > install and then perl510.dll when it goes to actually use it?  Let's
> > see...i'll rename things back (so it'll be an option), select the pl/
> > perl options, and then rename the directories before clicking 'next'.
> > Result: same errors when it goes to activate plperl and plperlu.  I
> > guess not.
>
> This is actually a bit worse than I thought--I can't ditch 5.8, then.
> I haven't tried a full uninstall of 5.8 and 5.10 and then installing
> 5.10 and then installing pgsql.  I guess that's the next thing to try.

Okay, I uninstalled both 5.8 and 5.10, installed 5.10 fresh, and it
doesn't detect it during install.  I tried another fresh install of
5.10 with PerlScript.  Same deal.  Now I'm trying a fresh install with
all options checked.  Still no dice.  What exactly is it looking for?
Has anybody had a successful install of ActiveState Perl 5.10 build
1004 followed by PostgreSQL 8.4-beta1 with plperl[u]?