Re: BUG #4763: postgres service unstable, even during install

От Dave Page
Тема Re: BUG #4763: postgres service unstable, even during install
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Kevin Field <kevinjamesfield@gmail.com> wro=
te:

> Okay, I uninstalled both 5.8 and 5.10, installed 5.10 fresh, and it
> doesn't detect it during install. =A0I tried another fresh install of
> 5.10 with PerlScript. =A0Same deal. =A0Now I'm trying a fresh install with
> all options checked. =A0Still no dice. =A0What exactly is it looking for?
> Has anybody had a successful install of ActiveState Perl 5.10 build
> 1004 followed by PostgreSQL 8.4-beta1 with plperl[u]?

The installer is  still looking for perl58.dll, whilst the server
needs perl510.dll. I've committed a fix for that (and the other PLs
which were similarly afflicted).

I've rebuilt the installer (using the existing binaries from the last
build) and uploaded it to http://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/. Please
give it a whirl.

--=20
Dave Page