Re: BUG #4787: Hardlink (ln) causes startup failure with bizarre "timezone_abbreviations" error

От Mark
Тема Re: BUG #4787: Hardlink (ln) causes startup failure with bizarre "timezone_abbreviations" error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, 02 May 2009 14:47:48 GMT, Tom Lane wrote

> Mark <admin@asarian-host.net> writes:

> > I understand the rationale for relocatable packages. So,
> > I guess hardlinks are out. But, barring hardlinks,
> > perhaps, in the existence of a symlink, a simple 'readlink'
> > function could be done to auto-correct PostgreSQL's
> > base-location? Ala:
>
> That's exactly what it already does, and why it would've worked
> if you'd used symlinks not hardlinks.

Interesting. Yet, as I reported earlier, whilst a symlink does seem to start
the server, pg_ctl takes a long time to do so, and then report: "could not
start server" anyway. But it actually *does* get started. So I figured maybe
something was not entirely right with the symlink, either.

- Mark