Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash on Windows when using ICUcollation

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash on Windows when using ICUcollation
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash on Windows when using ICU collation  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/16/17 06:30, Amit Kapila wrote:
> How will this compare UTF-8 strings in UTF-8 encoding?  It seems to me
> that ideally, it should use ucol_strcollUTF8 to compare the same,
> however, with patch, it will always ucol_strcoll as we never define
> HAVE_UCOL_STRCOLLUTF8 flag on Windows.

We have a configure check for that, but I don't know how to replicate
that on Windows.

If ucol_strcollUTF8 is not available, we have code to convert to UTF-16.This is the same code that is used for
non-Windows.

> We have some multi-byte tests
> in src/test/mb directory, see if we can use those to verify these
> changes.  I admit that I have not tried to execute those on Windows,
> so I have no idea if those even work.

There is a test specifically for ICU, which you can run with

make check EXTRA_TESTS=collate.icu.utf8