Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash on Windows when using ICU collation

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash on Windows when using ICU collation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 6/16/17 06:30, Amit Kapila wrote:
>> How will this compare UTF-8 strings in UTF-8 encoding?  It seems to me
>> that ideally, it should use ucol_strcollUTF8 to compare the same,
>> however, with patch, it will always ucol_strcoll as we never define
>> HAVE_UCOL_STRCOLLUTF8 flag on Windows.
>
> We have a configure check for that, but I don't know how to replicate
> that on Windows.

I think we can find out in which version of ICU this function has been
released and then determine the version.  We already determine the
MSVC version in Windows (refer DetermineVisualStudioVersion in
src/tools/msvc/VSObjectFactory.pm).  I think we can determine ICU
version with something like "unconv -V", it gives results as "uconv
v2.1  ICU 53.1".

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.