Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash on Windows when using ICUcollation

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash on Windows when using ICUcollation
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Getting server crash on Windows when using ICU collation  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/16/17 10:12, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 6/16/17 06:30, Amit Kapila wrote:
>> How will this compare UTF-8 strings in UTF-8 encoding?  It seems to me
>> that ideally, it should use ucol_strcollUTF8 to compare the same,
>> however, with patch, it will always ucol_strcoll as we never define
>> HAVE_UCOL_STRCOLLUTF8 flag on Windows.
>
> We have a configure check for that, but I don't know how to replicate
> that on Windows.
>
> If ucol_strcollUTF8 is not available, we have code to convert to UTF-16.
>  This is the same code that is used for non-Windows.

After thinking about this some more, I have committed a change to define
HAVE_UCOL_STRCOLLUTF8 on Windows unconditionally.  Until someone figures
out a different way, I think it's better that users of newish versions
of ICU get the newer/better behavior, and users of older versions can
file a bug.  The alternative is that we forget about this and we keep
using the old code path indefinitely.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14699: Statement trigger and logicalreplication
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14699: Statement trigger and logical replication