Re: LDAP Configuration

От Anjul Tyagi
Тема Re: LDAP Configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Laurenz Albe!!!

I did the same and it worked for me...

Regards,

Anjul TYAGI

ü Go Green

------ Original Message ------
From: "Laurenz Albe" <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>
To: "Anjul Tyagi" <anjul@ibosstech-us.com>; "pgsql-admin" <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
Sent: 4/1/2020 5:03:04 PM
Subject: Re: LDAP Configuration

On Wed, 2020-04-01 at 10:29 +0000, Anjul Tyagi wrote:
we are implementing the LDAP authentication and we are able to connect with LDAP and able to
authenticate the user with that. However we have 2 type of users, one - corporate users and
available of Active Directory and second application user, which is used by different
application to connect with database.

Below entry i did in the pg_hba.conf file, if i create user in DB (similar exist on AD) it works.
However if i create one user with password, it calls the LDAP server for authentication
and fails as it does not exists in AD.

host all all 0.0.0.0/0 ldap ldapserver=<LDAL Server> ldapbasedn="OU=Corporate,DC=etch,dc=com" ldapbinddn="CN=AdSyncAcct,OU=Service Accounts,DC=etch,DC=com"
ldapbindpasswd="Password" ldapsearchattribute="sAMAccountName"

we are using the postgres 10.10 version.

can you please suggest the pg_hba.conf file entry, that will help us to authenticate the users
from LDAP and from postgres as well.

Create a NOLOGIN role "ldapusers" in PostgreSQL and assign the users to authenticate
with LDAP to that group.

Then use two lines in pg_hba.conf:

host all +ldapusers 0.0.0.0/0 ldap ...
host all all 0.0.0.0/0 scram-sha-256

All users in the "ldapusers" group will be authenticated with LDAP,
and the others will "fall through" to the password authentication.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe