Re: LDAP Configuration

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: LDAP Configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2020-04-01 at 10:29 +0000, Anjul Tyagi wrote:
> we are implementing the LDAP authentication and we are able to connect with LDAP and able to
> authenticate the user with that. However we have 2 type of users, one - corporate users and
> available of Active Directory and second application user, which is used by different
> application to connect with database.
>
> Below entry i did in the pg_hba.conf file, if i create user in DB (similar exist on AD) it works.
> However if i create one user with password, it calls the LDAP server for authentication
> and fails as it does not exists in AD.
>
> host    all             all       0.0.0.0/0            ldap ldapserver=<LDAL Server>
ldapbasedn="OU=Corporate,DC=etch,dc=com"ldapbinddn="CN=AdSyncAcct,OU=Service Accounts,DC=etch,DC=com"

> ldapbindpasswd="Password" ldapsearchattribute="sAMAccountName"
>
> we are using the postgres 10.10 version.
>
> can you please suggest the pg_hba.conf file entry, that will help us to authenticate the users
> from LDAP and from postgres as well.

Create a NOLOGIN role "ldapusers" in PostgreSQL and assign the users to authenticate
with LDAP to that group.

Then use two lines in pg_hba.conf:

host  all  +ldapusers 0.0.0.0/0  ldap ...
host  all  all        0.0.0.0/0  scram-sha-256

All users in the "ldapusers" group will be authenticated with LDAP,
and the others will "fall through" to the password authentication.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe