Re: I'd like a lightweight alternative to pgAdmin4 ?

От Darren Duncan
Тема Re: I'd like a lightweight alternative to pgAdmin4 ?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 2017-10-12 9:16 PM, Stephen Cook wrote:
> On 2017-10-12 15:59, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
>> I would suggest keep trying pgAdmin 4 and reporting on issues, so
>> progress towards making it the tool we want it to be.
>
> It won't happen, choices have been made that preclude it from ever being
> a fast, lightweight native app. "Stable", "Fast", and "Features" have
> been redefined; this project does not have the same goals as the
> previous one.

What distinguishes a "native" app from a "non-native" one really?

In the modern day, pgAdmin 4 is just as much a "native" app as pgAdmin 3 was.

Its a fallacy to think that just because something isn't written in C++ or
similar pre-compiled language that by nature it can't be fast.

Even pgAdmin 3 wasn't a "native" app by some strict standards either because it
would work on multiple operating systems.

(Anyone responding to this, don't include me in the recipient list, only send it
to the pgadmin list, I will see that copy.)

-- Darren Duncan