Re: unable to install postgresql 8.2

От Ezra Taylor
Тема Re: unable to install postgresql 8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Richard:
             Actually, some systems have a user by the name of postgres already on the system.  Can change the setting for the user postgres by adding a password,home directory and shell for the user postgres.  Or Saji can delete the user and then recreate it.  I'm assuming that Saji has root access to this box.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Richard Broersma <richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:51 AM, saji verghese
<verghese.saji@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Iam getting "User 'postgres' could not be created.The user account already
> exists.!" error while installing Postgresql version 8.2 in windows xp.There
> is no user account named postgres created.

This usually means that you've already installed postgresql once before.

You will need to do one of two things:
1) remember the original password used to create the Postgres service
account from the initial install.
2) delete the former Postgres service account and then retry the installation.

to do step 2, follow this link: http://www.geocities.com/operationsengineer1/
open the PostgreSQL word doc, go to page 5 and follow the instructions
on how to delete the OS user.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.