Re: Postmaster is starting but shutting when trying to connect (Windows)

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Postmaster is starting but shutting when trying to connect (Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Magnus Hagander wrote on 08.07.2006 06:21:
> This looks exactly like the issues we've seen with broken antivirus or
> personal firewall software. Make sure you don't have any such installed
> (actualy installed, not just enabled), and if you do try to uninstall
> them. If you don't, but had before, check for any remaining pieces.
> There should be posts in the archives with details about it.

Thanks for the hint. In the meantime I could actually nail it down to my UMTS
Software that was installed recently.

Now I need to find a way on how to keep the UMTS Software but still have PG up
and running.

Could you image why running as a service makes PG behave differently compared to
start it from the commandline directly using pg_ctl?

Cheers
Thomas

От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: Long term database archival
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM FULL versus CLUSTER ON