Re: Postmaster is starting but shutting when trying to connect (Windows)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Postmaster is starting but shutting when trying to connect (Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hello,
>
> i have a PostgreSQL (8.1) installation for testing purposes
> which was running fine for several months now (Windows XP). I
> was working with it yesterday, and today after booting my
> computer and restarting the service (I'm starting the service
> manually, because I don't need the server running all the
> time) postmaster comes up fine, no entries in the log file.
>
> But as soon as I try to connect to the server (does not
> matter what type of client, psql, PgAdmin or JDBC) I get an
> error message in the log file. Here is the full log file:

This looks exactly like the issues we've seen with broken antivirus or
personal firewall software. Make sure you don't have any such installed
(actualy installed, not just enabled), and if you do try to uninstall
them. If you don't, but had before, check for any remaining pieces.
There should be posts in the archives with details about it.

Again, note that just disabling things usually isn't enough, you need to
actually uninstall.

//Magnus