回复:回复:回复:回复:A question about leakproof

От qiumingcheng
Тема 回复:回复:回复:回复:A question about leakproof
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It's capable of throwing an error (see timestamp2timestamptz_opt_overflow).
Yes, It's capable of throwing an error(timestamp out of range) , but the message "timestamp out of range"  is not sensitive information. Only from this function(timestamp_gt_timestamptz), can it be marked as leakproof?

发件人:Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
发送时间:2022年10月17日(星期一) 22:07
收件人:qiumingcheng <qiumingcheng@aliyun.com>
抄 送:Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>; Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com>; pgsql-general <pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org>; yuexingzhi <yuexingzhi@hotmail.com>
主 题:Re: 回复:回复:回复:A question about leakproof

"qiumingcheng" <qiumingcheng@aliyun.com> writes:
> 2. What's the reason about the function timestamp_gt_timestampz may cause data leakage? Can you explain how it causes data leakage?

It's capable of throwing an error (see
timestamp2timestamptz_opt_overflow).  Now, maybe that's unreachable, or
maybe we could rerrange things to remove it.  But there's still enough
code underneath the timezone conversion requirement that I'd be very
hesitant to apply a leakproof marking.  In short: it might be leakproof
in practice, but we don't wish to offer a guarantee.