Re: 回复:回复:回复:A question about leakproof

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 回复:回复:回复:A question about leakproof
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"qiumingcheng" <qiumingcheng@aliyun.com> writes:
> 2. What's the reason about the function timestamp_gt_timestampz may cause data leakage? Can you explain how it causes
dataleakage?

It's capable of throwing an error (see
timestamp2timestamptz_opt_overflow).  Now, maybe that's unreachable, or
maybe we could rerrange things to remove it.  But there's still enough
code underneath the timezone conversion requirement that I'd be very
hesitant to apply a leakproof marking.  In short: it might be leakproof
in practice, but we don't wish to offer a guarantee.