Re: postgresql-8.3.7 unexpected connection closures

От Andrew Maclean
Тема Re: postgresql-8.3.7 unexpected connection closures
Дата
Re: postgresql-8.3.7 unexpected connection closures  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
One is running McAfee and the other is running Symantec Endpoint. It
does not matter whether the firewalls are on or off.

One thing I have noticed it that if I stop and restart the service
everything seems to work Ok.

Andrew

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Craig
Ringer<craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 10:50 +1000, Andrew Maclean wrote:
>
>> 2009-06-19 07:54:51 EST LOG:  could not receive data from client:
>> Unknown winsock error 10061
>
> Winsock error 10061 is WSAECONNREFUSED (10061) Connection Refused. I
> presume that means the client has sent an RST packet, but ... wtf? Why?
>
> Is the client on the same machine as the server? If not, is the client
> running any sort of software firewall?
>
> You say the two machines have two different AV products, but you don't
> mention which ones. What products are they, and what versions of those
> products?
>
> I strongly suspect firewall / antivirus involvement. Can you _uninstall_
> your AV/firewall on one of the Pg server machines, reboot it, and
> re-test? Do not just disable it, completely uninstall it, just for
> testing purposes.
>
>> FATAL:  could not reattach to shared memory (key=252, addr=02080000): 487
>
> I've seen discussion of this one before, but never any sort of
> resolution.
>
> http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=%22could+not+reattach+to+shared
> +memory%22+%22[hackers]%22
>
> Apparently it arises more often in the presence of antivirus software
> and the like, but isn't known to be directly caused by it. Maybe somone
> else can shed some more light on this one.
>
> --
> Craig Ringer
>

> --

Andrew J. P. Maclean