Re: postgresql-8.3.7 unexpected connection closures

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: postgresql-8.3.7 unexpected connection closures
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 11:30 +1000, Andrew Maclean wrote:
> One is running McAfee and the other is running Symantec Endpoint. It
> does not matter whether the firewalls are on or off.

I increasingly wonder if Symantec or McAfee can be persuaded to offer a
buildfarm machine with their software to PostgreSQL. Virus scanners on
servers are an (IMO nearly insane) fact of life on Windows, apparently,
and certainly on Windows desktops that may also run PostgreSQL, so it
needs to get along with them.

I'm far from certain that your issues are AV related, but if you want to
track them down the first thing to do is UNINSTALL one of your AV
products and see if the issues go away. Reinstall it once you know; the
point is to test whether the AV is part of the problem or not.

--
Craig Ringer