Re: postgresql-8.3.7 unexpected connection closures

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: postgresql-8.3.7 unexpected connection closures
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 10:50 +1000, Andrew Maclean wrote:

> 2009-06-19 07:54:51 EST LOG:  could not receive data from client:
> Unknown winsock error 10061

Winsock error 10061 is WSAECONNREFUSED (10061) Connection Refused. I
presume that means the client has sent an RST packet, but ... wtf? Why?

Is the client on the same machine as the server? If not, is the client
running any sort of software firewall?

You say the two machines have two different AV products, but you don't
mention which ones. What products are they, and what versions of those
products?

I strongly suspect firewall / antivirus involvement. Can you _uninstall_
your AV/firewall on one of the Pg server machines, reboot it, and
re-test? Do not just disable it, completely uninstall it, just for
testing purposes.

> FATAL:  could not reattach to shared memory (key=252, addr=02080000): 487

I've seen discussion of this one before, but never any sort of
resolution.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=%22could+not+reattach+to+shared
+memory%22+%22[hackers]%22

Apparently it arises more often in the presence of antivirus software
and the like, but isn't known to be directly caused by it. Maybe somone
else can shed some more light on this one.

--
Craig Ringer