Re: Looking for help building 'rhdb-explain' Visual Explain tool

От Jeff Boes
Тема Re: Looking for help building 'rhdb-explain' Visual Explain tool
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff Boes wrote:
> I'm hoping there's someone here with experience in building the Visual
> Explain tool from Red Hat.

Thanks to some patient hand-holding by Fernando Nasser
(fnasser@redhat.com), I managed to make this work.

Details, for those following my bread-crumb trail:

My OS is Whitebox 3.0. I installed the Java SDK RPM, but until I did this:

$ export CLASSPATH=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/lib/rt.jar

I couldn't get "ant" to build the package.

After I built it, some further messing around was necessary to discover
that I needed the JDBC, and that I needed to edit CLASSPATH some more. I
ended up with this incantation:

$ export
CLASSPATH=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/lib/rt.jar:/home/jboes/downloads/pg74.213.jdbc3.jar:.

(Don't miss the ":." at the end of that line!) Then I could "cd" into
the "build" directory and run the tool with the command line as
specified in the README:

$ /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_04/bin/java com.redhat.rhdb.vise.Vise

So, up and running at last. I'm sure there's an easier way to configure
this, but being a Java-on-Linux neophyte, this was as much as I was
willing to learn about the process just to evaluate the tool!

Dazed ...

--
Jeff Boes                                      vox 269.226.9550 ext 24
Database Engineer                                     fax 269.349.9076