Re: Postgres RDS DB Parameters ::INSTANCE CLASS : db.m6id.2xlarge

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Postgres RDS DB Parameters ::INSTANCE CLASS : db.m6id.2xlarge
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2024-06-18 at 10:38 +0000, Phani Prathyush Somayajula wrote:
> I have an AWS RDS instance
>
> We are seeing a lot of CPU consumption where we’re load testing our application.
> The query which is taking a lot of time is running less than 1ms if I run through
> my psql client on the server and is taking 162ms if I run it from dBeaver.
>
> I just want to analyse if the parameters that I set are optimal to the application or not.

I don't think that twiddling the parameters will make a lot of difference there.
The exception could be if you are retrieving results with a cursor; then setting
"cursor_tuple_fraction" to 1 could make a difference.

Other than that, you should use auto_explain with "auto_explain.log_analyze = on"
and "auto_explain.log_buffers = on" to capture an execution plan from the slow
execution with DBeaver or your application.  Examining that plan should show what
is going on.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe